Turning age 65?

The initial step is to contact the Social Security Administration three months before turning 65 (www.ssa.gov) to discuss your Medicare eligibility and Social Security Retirement options.

SSA will help you determine your eligibility for Part A and Part B Medicare. Keep in mind that if you continue to work after age 65, and your employer provides health insurance, the number of employees at the company will determine if Medicare is primary or secondary.

Also, if you have an HDHP with an HSA through your employer the only way to continue making HSA contributions for yourself is to delay both Part A and Part B Medicare.

If your income is below the scheduled amount you and your family may qualify for free or low cost health insurance through Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program.

We are here to help you

Our mission is to deliver reliable service and up-to-date information.

Looking for your company's benefits?

Click below to log in

Access Benefits

Need help? Call us at (214) 443-1400

or email info@insuranceisboring.com

Contact us